01 June 2009

Critical Realism... coming back soon

Hello to all the scattered critical realists of the earth:

  I am hoping to resurrect this blog, which really served in the past as a way of working through the issues that CR (in the stream following Lonergan) raised for my own approach to the New Testament.  I am a PhD student at the London School of Theology (though living in Minneapolis, MN, USA) working in Mark's gospel with speech act theory in a CR framework.

  My PhD thesis is entitled "Liberating Ecclesiology in Mark's Gospel" and will focus on Mark 11:1-13:2 and draws alot from the work of John R. Searle and Quentin Skinner and their work in speech act theory and adaptation of it for doing interpretation across historically distant contexts.  

  I plan on beginning to reflect on the issues related to CR that I come upon in my studies on this blog.  In the meantime, there are several posts (a couple years old admittedly) that describe my own understanding on Critical Realism in the Lonergan, Meyer, Wright line of thought and its relation to biblical studies.   You may or may not find them interesting (and even convincing?).... I'll leave that judgment up to you.

  Peace. 
Tom A.




1 comment:

Bryan Tarpley said...

awaiting with anticipation!

Followers